Do you love the water? Have an interest in youth?
Apply to the Aquatics Academy which will train you to become a YMCA lifeguard or swim instructor. You can also find out more at our Aquatics Academy site.
For other opportunities, please click on the job title for more information and to apply online!
Click column header to sort
The HR Recruiter will work closely with the Director of Recruitment to support the recruiting process for difficult to fill openings at YMCA Safe ‘n Sound. The primary responsibilities for this role include database mining, internet searches, resume searching, prescreening candidates and filtering mass amounts of potential candidates.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Source candidates through internet job postings, social media, resume databases, employee referrals, job fairs, cold-calls, active recruiting, colleges, etc.
- Facilitates interview process with the Director of Recruitment
- Review resumes, conduct telephone screens, coordinate and schedule interviews, account for job requirement documentation, conduct reference checks
- Manage, compile,and update candidate information using Applicant Tracking System (ATS), Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.
Child Abuse Prevention:
Supports the commitment of the YMCA to child abuse prevention by:
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Report any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Communication, Business, or related field
- 3+ years experience in a sourcing role
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Ability to learn and use new database systems and applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven success working independently and with others in a team setting
- Organized and posses the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (ATS), preferably iCIMS
Be Part of Our Mission
We are one of the largest and long established experts in child care nationally, with focus on the development of the whole child. For over 25 years the Y's Safe 'n' Sound Program has been conveniently located in over 20 elementary schools within School Districts 203, Indian Prairie District 204 and West Aurora District 129. As a leader in youth development, the YMCA is dedicated to providing affordable, high-quality childcare and enrichment programs to the communities we serve.
Job Summary and Key Accountabilities
The Inclusion Aide is responsible for providing behavioral support to youth with disabilities in a summer campl program.The Inclusion Aide serves as a professional role model for our campers by leading through example and guiding campers through recreational activities that teach life skills, encourage healthy and safe behaviors and create a positive camper experience.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Promotes the YMCA and provides outstanding customer service by creating an outstanding experience for children, parents and families.
- Modifies activities, rules, equipment, and/or supplies as needed to promote participation in program activities and independence to the fullest extent possible. Maintains the confidentiality of information pertaining to the individual(s) that they are assigned to support.
- Modifies activities for their assigned individual as may be needed, including but not limited to, arts and crafts, sports, social recreation, songfests, nature hikes, archery, and other games and hobbies.
- Teaches socially acceptable behaviors to students by serving as a role model and by using age-appropriate positive reinforcement and behavior management strategies. Implements individualized behavior management plans, when necessary.
- Communicates consistently with supervisor, classroom teacher and other team members to keep abreast of activities and schedule, in order to prepare for activity modifications. Will offer suggestions for modifications, if applicable.
- Communicates consistently with parents and the Manager of Inclusion through completion of a weekly summary of the individual’s participation.
- Supports activities as assigned by supervisor, including any specialty activities.
Child Abuse Prevention
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
Commitment to Inclusion
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to inclusion of all members as required by Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Job responsibilities may include implementing program modifications for persons with cognitive, behavioral or physical disabilities, including but not limited to the injection of medical glucagon to members with Type 1 diabetes in emergency situations. Appropriate training and development will be provided to YMCA team members based on your role and responsibilities.
Minimum and Preferred Requirements
- Must have prior experience working with youth; experience in a classroom setting preferred
- Prior experience working with individuals with disabilities is preferred
- Commitment to, and passion for, the YMCA of Metro Chicago’s mission
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely present ideas and concepts and tailor communication to multiple audiences
- Passion for working with diverse youth and ability to provide a high-quality of instruction using age-appropriate practices. Ability to observe student behavior and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Proven ability to establish constructive relationships and interact as a positive role model
- Continuous learner who leverages opportunities for learning and applies new knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates evidence of YMCA Y Team competencies in previous experience or practice
- Meets physical qualifications required as outlined in job description. The YMCA will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Be part of our mission.
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 23 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
The purpose of the Enrollment Coordinator is to provide parents and prospective parents with information and assistance as it relates to Y Safe 'n Sound programming, School’s Out programming and Y Safe 'n Sound Camps. The role is responsible for providing a high level of customer service to YMCA parents, participants, and guests.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Prepares participant records and completion of registration and handles all registration/enrollment transactions.
- Answer phones in appropriate and efficient manner.
- Follows up with prospective parents and families in accordance with Y Safe 'n Sound operation and Association Standards.
- Provides informative details to prospective parents in accordance with Y Safe 'n Sound standards
- Provides excellent communication to all parents and site staff to include management of emergencies, child related problems, and address all comments and concerns.
- Ensure effective communication to sites until every child is in attendance and/or has been picked up by approved parent or guardian.
- Provide leadership to the engagement process for all new children to Y Safe 'n Sound and their families.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven excellent customer service skills with at least 2 year experience working in a customer service position.
- Posses good skills, utilizing technology and maximizing technology to ensure efficiency to include registration systems, and Microsoft excel.