The Member Greeter will be responsible for helping to set the tone of the member experience by engaging entrants in a friendly and polite manner as they enter and exit the building. They will scan cards for members and program participants and, in instances where an “access denied” occurs, direct the person to the Membership Desk. The Member Greeter will follow all standard operation procedures for welcoming and processing prospects, guest pass users and away members.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Open and close the Member Greeter Station as required.
- Welcome all members, program participants and prospects in a friendly and polite manner, and always with a smile.
- Respond to general inquiries received in-person or via telephone, where appropriate, in a professional and timely manner. Direct advanced questions to the Membership Desk or Member Experience Supervisor for response.
- Follow standard operating procedures for processing visitors from Ys outside of the Metro Chicago system.
- Keep the Member Greeter Station neat, clean and organized at all times.
- Adhere to policy of no eating, drinking or cell phone usage at the Member Greeter Station.
- Attend all required staff meetings and trainings.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- 3 months to one (1) year of customer service experience.
- Possess a friendly, outgoing and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to respond to member, program participant, visitor and prospect requests with tact.
- Computer skills required.