Be Part of Our Mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 23 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
Under the direct supervision of the Housekeeping Manager, the Housekeeper is responsible for the general labor in keeping a large, full-service facility clean, attractive, and ready to use.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Sweep, mop, dust, clean windows and bathrooms.
- Set-up rooms, arrange furniture, empty trash, sanitize washrooms, shower areas, fixtures, water functions, and exercise equipment.
- Provide specific care to wood surface floors, care for tile and other hard-surface floors, care for carpet areas including vacuuming.
- Keep surrounding outdoor area clean.
- Perform minor housekeeping equipment repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Shovel snow and perform salting operations as required.
- Provide proper application of cleaning chemicals on equipment to prevent damage.
- Regularly survey the physical facility (inside and outside), looking for items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members, residents or guests, and remove the hazard or report it to your supervisor.
- Ensure that access to secure areas is limited to authorized personnel. Secure unsecured areas and immediately report non-functional items, such as broken locks and security equipment to your supervisor.
- Report any suspicious behavior and violations of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.
- Must be able to read and write, and communicate with employees of diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- One year housekeeping experience is preferred.