Be a part of our mission.
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. We rely on the expertise, passion, commitment and energy of our (teachers, instructors) and other team members to help us achieve our mission one child, one family, and one team member at a time.
Our early learning create a child-centered environment that promotes learning, character development, healthy living and positive, nurturing relationships. With a commitment to meeting accreditation standards and extensive training and development in research-based practices, you’ll also learn and grow and positively impact our children, families and communities.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Plan, implement and evaluate a child care program consistent with policies developed by the YMCA Child Development Center.
Follow criteria defined by the DCFS, DHS Child Care Performance Standards and the N.A.E.Y.C.A. performance standards.
Evaluate and report each child's progress through observation recordings, early childhood screenings, and developmental assessments.
Maintain educational records on each child as required.
Encourage and support parent development through classroom volunteerism, home centered activities, home visits, parent/teacher conferences, and participation in parent development activities and meetings.
Provide supervision and direction to child care staff assigned to the classroom.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children.
- Report any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
- Bachelors in Early Childhood Education w/2 Infant Toddler Courses and Level 4 Gateway Credential within 12 months of employment.
- Conditional Employment – Staff with Bachelor Degree in E.C.E with a contingency to obtain 2 college courses in Infant Toddler Development and Level 4 Gateway Credential within 12 months of employment.
Preferred candidates will have the following qualifications: