Engage Youth in Sports
The YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago is hiring a part-time Sports Instructor to provide leadership to different age groups all while promoting a high-energy, fun and positive environment for program participants! You will be responsible for the planning of sports programs and supervision of different age groups in accordance with the goals and policies of the YMCA.
Salary range starts at $15.40 per hour
Our staff is the Y's greatest asset. Our teams provide valuable skills, knowledge, and passion that is essential to the contribution and positive impact in our communities, which is why we offer Y employees numerous perks and benefits, including:
- Be part of a team that is passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment for all staff, volunteers, and members
- Do meaningful work and contribute to the advancement of the YMCA vision by meeting the needs of the people in our communities
- Complimentary Adult YMCA membership and an employee discount on select programs
- Career advancement opportunities - grow your career at the Y!
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must have prior experience sports/specialty experience (i.e. Playing, Coaching, etc.)
Child Abuse Prevention: This position supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required