Be part of our mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families, and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness, and healthy living. We rely on the expertise, passion, commitment, and energy of our teachers and other team members to help us achieve our mission one child, one family, and one team member at a time.
Salary starts at $15.40/hour.
Working under the direct supervision of the coordinator, assist in leading themed Birthday Parties and other special events.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning, setup, implementation and breakdown of themed birthday parties and other special events.
- Assist in handling parent’s comments, concerns and questions.
- Supervise and lead the activity areas.
- Interact with children, treating them with respect and dignity.
- Attend all staff meetings and training programs.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience working with youth.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Must be available on weekends.
Child Abuse Prevention
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required