The YMCA of Metro Chicago Before & After-school programs is hiring a Site Team Lead at Carlos Fuentes and Acero Cruz for the 2022-2023 school year!
Salary range of $16.40-$17.00 per hour
Join us and help lead our future to greatness!
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of youth and families in your community. Discover more than a job—enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Our before and after-school programs create a child-centered environment that promotes learning, character development, healthy living and positive, nurturing relationships.
As a Site Team Lead you will work to ensure the implementation of positive youth development practices with all daily activities and interactions with children. The Site Team Lead is responsible for ensuring program quality including assisting in implementing curriculum, providing leadership and guidance to staff and overseeing the ordering and distribution of snacks, materials and all supplies needed to operate the program. They will also provide direct service, when necessary, to execute the program.
With a commitment to meeting accreditation standards and extensive training and development in research-based practices, you’ll also learn and grow and positively impact our children, families and communities.
- Implements program curriculum with school-aged program staff while ensuring the program follows DCFS and YMCA standards.
- Provides guidance to staff while onsite in adhering to program quality standards.
- Facilitates collaboration with and between program staff including assisting in planning and leading program staff meetings.
- Enhances parent/guardian/caregiver engagement and ensures that the program meets expectations for quality
- Collaborates with teachers, principals and other staff at local schools to align and execute program activities and ensure program success.
- Maintains and audits all program files according to DCFS and YMCA Standards.
- Assists in development and execution of special events and seasonal school-aged programs, such as Day Camp, for members and program participants.
- Participates in program marketing and retention activities.
- Fills in for other staff as needed.
- Must be 19 years of age and/or 5 years older than the oldest child that participates in the program and meet program requirements for education and/or credentials.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Previous experience in a childcare or education setting supporting high-quality programs.
- Preferred candidates will have an Associate’s degree in child development or early childhood education or the equivalent in child development, early childhood education or early childhood special education.
- Must have the proven ability to establish constructive relationships and interact as a positive role model for youth and staff demonstrating the values of respect, responsibility, caring and honesty.
- Commitment to and passion for the YMCA of Metro Chicago’s mission is required including a passion for working with diverse youth.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely present ideas and concepts and tailor communication to multiple audiences.
- Meets physical qualifications required as outlined in job description.
- The YMCA will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Child Abuse Prevention: Support the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required