The Decatur Classical School located in Chicago, IL is hiring a Youth Enrichment Instructor position for the 2022-2023 school year.
Salary range of $15.90-$16.40 per hour
Join our team for the experience of a lifetime!
At the Y, we create an exciting, safe and engaging environment for kids and staff to have an unforgettable experience. While children are developing new skills, our Out of School Time employee are developing leadership skills and confidence while making lasting friendships and memories.
The Out of School Time Programs in the City of Chicago take place on-site in Chicago Public Schools and Acero Charter Schools and some YMCA Membership Centers.
Youth Enrichment Instructors will assist in providing child-centered environments that promote learning, character development, positive & nurturing relationships and healthy living on-site at one of our elementary school locations. The YEI plays a key role in ensuring that program participants have a safe, supportive, interactive and enriching program experience while ensuring the safety and security of all program participants
Our staff is the Y's greatest asset. Our teams provide valuable skills, knowledge, and passion that is essential to the contribution and positive impact in our communities, which is why we offer Y employees numerous perks and benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees
- Opportunity for eligible employees to participate in the Y's retirement fund
- Do meaningful work and contribute to the advancement of the YMCA vision by meeting the needs of the people in our communities
- Complimentary Family YMCA membership and a 25% employee discount on select programs
- Career advancement opportunities - grow your career at the Y!
- Must be at least 17 years of age and/or 5 years older than the oldest child that participates in the program and meet program requirements for education and/or credentials.
- H.S. Diploma or GED along with related college coursework and/or equivalent experience in: childcare, education, recreation or related program. Additional educational or experience requirements may be required based on program license requirements.
- Must have the proven ability to establish constructive relationships and interact as a positive role model for youth and staff demonstrating the values of respect, responsibility, caring and honesty.
- Commitment to and passion for the YMCA of Metro Chicago’s mission is required including a passion for working with diverse youth.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely present ideas and concepts and tailor communication to multiple audiences.
Child Abuse Prevention:
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required