Food Service / Kitchen Assistant
YMCA Camp Duncan located in Ingleside IL
is hiring a part time kitchen/cook/food service position.
This position assists with food service for staff and campers and supports safety and cleanliness of the kitchen. The Food Service team works to manage all aspects of food preparation including cooking and serving food and dishwashing. Prior restaurant or foodservice experience a plus but not required.
In this position you will:
- Preparing food for cooking and/or presentation
- Assisting cooks in serving food
- Utilize a variety of cooking techniques: baking, sautéing, grilling, steaming, frying etc.
- Use a variety of kitchen equipment (i.e. slicer, ovens, griddles, mixers, knives, etc.)
- Stocking and rotating inventory
- Following and maintain health department standards for foodservice
- Maintaining temperature logs on all refrigerators/freezers
- Maintaining cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen
- Pitching in wherever needed to support a great experience for our campers and staff
- Other duties as assigned
Experience / Requirements for the positions:
- Must be 18 years or older and have a have high school diploma
- Food Service or Cooking experience is a great plus, but NOT required
- Must have ability to follow oral & written instructions
- Willingness to be trained in operating kitchen equipment and follow food service sanitation practices
- Be able to have and maintain positive relationships with all customers from point of contact
- Must be able to stand on feet for extended period of time; walk stairs; lift up to 50lbs.
Child Abuse Prevention
Support the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children.
- Report any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.