Foglia YMCA located in Lake Zurich, IL is hiring an Inclusion Aide position for the2022-2023 school year.
Salary range of $15.90-$16.40 per hour
Become a Professional Role Model!
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of youth and families in your community. Discover more than a job—enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Our before and after-school programs create a child-centered environment that promotes learning, character development, healthy living and positive, nurturing relationships.
As an Inclusion Aide you will be responsible for supporting and assisting one or more individuals who have a disability and are enrolled in Y programs to promote participation in program activities and independence to the fullest extent possible. You will ensure that individualized needs of participants are met, while serving as professional role model and guide program participants through activities that support a positive learning climate and development of life skills and healthy and safe behaviors.
With a commitment to meeting accreditation standards and extensive training and development in research-based practices, you’ll also learn and grow and positively impact our children, families and communities.
- You will serve as a role model in supporting inclusion and high quality camp programming; creating an outstanding participant experience for children, parents and families.
- You will modify learning or recreational activities as may be needed, including activities, rules, equipment, and/or supplies as needed. Promotes participation in program activities and independence to the fullest extent possible. Maintains the confidentiality of information pertaining to the individual(s) assigned for support.
- You will teach socially acceptable behaviors by serving as a role model and by using age-appropriate positive reinforcement and behavior management strategies. Implements individualized behavior management plans, when necessary.
- You will communicate consistently with team members and program leaders to keep abreast of activities and schedule, in order to prepare for activity modifications. Will offer suggestions for modifications, if applicable.
- You will communicate consistently with parents, classroom/program team and program leadership through completion of a weekly summary of the individual’s participation.
- You will Support program activities as assigned by supervisor including substitute support for ongoing camp activities.
- You will ensure the physical and emotional health and safety of participants by being safety conscious, following all established YMCA standards and critically evaluating situations for potential risks.
- You will be alert and responsive to any specific health and safety needs of the individual with a disability
- You will ensure compliance with established rules and regulations to ensure safety. Monitors participants and team members provides coaching and intervention as necessary
- You will set up facilities and/or equipment for activities and stores equipment appropriately after use. Immediately notifies program leaders of any broken or unsafe equipment or if more resources/equipment are needed
- You will work to keep program facilities clean at all times
Requirements & Preferred Qualifications for this position are:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must have prior experience working with children; experience with children with disabilities and/or in a similar program setting preferred.
- Basic knowledge of child growth and development as well as developmentally appropriate practices for age group
- Ability to understand and implement an inclusion plan and provide recommended strategies for Ability to observe participant behavior and apply appropriate behavior management techniques is essential.
- Must have the proven ability to establish constructive relationships and interact as a positive role model for youth and staff demonstrating the values of respect, responsibility, caring and honesty.
- Commitment to and passion for the YMCA of Metro Chicago’s mission is required including a passion for working with diverse youth.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely present ideas and concepts and tailor communication to multiple audiences.
- Meets physical qualifications required as outlined in job description.
- The YMCA will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
YMCA Vaccine Policy
We’re committed to the health and wellness of our employees, members, program participants, and those most vulnerable. If hired by the YMCA, you will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination no later than 2 days prior to your start date, unless an exemption for a medical condition or sincerely-held religious beliefs is granted.
Child Abuse Prevention:
Support the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required