Group Exercise Instructors Wanted!
Share you passion. You are the “Y”.
Our staff is the Y's greatest asset. Our teams provide valuable skills, knowledge, and passion that is essential to the contribution and positive impact in our communities, which is why we offer Y employees numerous perks and benefits, including:
- Opportunity for eligible employees to participate in the Y's retirement fund
- Do meaningful work and contribute to the advancement of the YMCA vision by meeting the needs of the people in our communities
- Complimentary Family YMCA membership and a 25% employee discount on select programs
- Career advancement opportunities - grow your career at the Y!
As a Group Exercise Instructor you will instruct group classes in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures to be an integral part of the YMCA's committment to strengthening bodies, minds, and neighborhoods.
- Must have basic knowledge of fitness or equivalent work/education experience.
- Must have at minimum 25 hours of practical experience as a fitness class instructor.
- Must have the ability to lead a fitness class and to motivate and educate members in the field of physical fitness.
- Must be able to respond to safety and emergency situations; ability to set up, move, and store equipment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
YMCA Vaccine Policy
We’re committed to the health and wellness of our employees, members, program participants, and those most vulnerable. If hired by the YMCA, you will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination no later than two (2) days prior to your start date unless an exemption for a medical condition or sincerely-held religious beliefs is granted.
Child Abuse Prevention
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required