Join our team for the experience of a lifetime!
Over thirty years ago, the YMCA made a firm commitment to supporting the health and wellness of all children in the Naperville and Aurora communities. The programs we design are geared towards engaging kids in fun activities that foster a desire to learn. Since the beginning of YMCA Safe ‘n Sound, our dedicated staff members have focused on encouraging our youth to develop values, skills, and friendships that lead to positive behavior, better health, and educational achievement.
YMCA Safe ‘n Sound is now hiring full-time and part-time Site Team Leads!
Pay range: $16.40-$17.00 per hour
As a Site Team Lead, you will work to ensure the implementation of positive youth development practices with all daily activities and interactions with children. The Site Team Lead is responsible for ensuring program quality including assisting in implementing curriculum, providing leadership and guidance to staff and overseeing the ordering and distribution of snacks, materials and all supplies needed to operate the program. They will also provide direct service, when necessary, to execute the program.
With a commitment to meeting accreditation standards and extensive training and development in research-based practices, you’ll also learn and grow and positively impact our children, families and communities.
- Implements program curriculum with school-aged program staff while ensuring the program follows DCFS and YMCA standards.
- Provides guidance to staff while onsite in adhering to program quality standards.
- Facilitates collaboration with and between program staff including assisting in planning and leading program staff meetings.
- Enhances parent/guardian/caregiver engagement and ensures that the program meets expectations for quality
- Collaborates with teachers, principals and other staff at local schools to align and execute program activities and ensure program success.
- Maintains and audits all program files according to DCFS and YMCA Standards.
- Assists in development and execution of special events and seasonal school-aged programs, such as Day Camp, for members and program participants.
- Participates in program marketing and retention activities.
- Fills in for other staff as needed.
Requirements & Preferred Qualifications for this position are:
- Must be 19 years of age and/or 5 years older than the oldest child that participates in the program and meet program requirements for education and/or credentials.
- Previous experience in a childcare or education setting supporting high-quality programs.
- Preferred candidates will have an Associate’s degree in child development or early childhood education or the equivalent in child development, early childhood education or early childhood special education.
- Must have the proven ability to establish constructive relationships and interact as a positive role model for youth and staff demonstrating the values of respect, responsibility, caring and honesty.
- Commitment to and passion for the YMCA of Metro Chicago’s mission is required including a passion for working with diverse youth.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely present ideas and concepts and tailor communication to multiple audiences.
- Meets physical qualifications required as outlined in job description.
- The YMCA will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Our staff is the Y's greatest asset. Our teams provide valuable skills, knowledge, and passion that is essential to the contribution and positive impact in our communities, which is why we offer Y employees numerous perks and benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees
- Opportunity for eligible employees to participate in the Y's retirement fund
- Do meaningful work and contribute to the advancement of the YMCA vision by meeting the needs of the people in our communities
- Complimentary Family YMCA membership and a 25% employee discount on select programs
- Career advancement opportunities - grow your career at the Y!
Child Abuse Prevention: Support the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
YMCA Vaccine Policy
We are committed to the health and wellness of our employees, members, program participants, and those most vulnerable. If hired by the YMCA, you will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination no later than two (2) days prior to your start date, unless an exemption for a medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs is granted.