Child Care Assistant
Do you love playing games?
Do you enjoy working with children?
Do you like putting a smile on a child’s face?
The Child Care Assistant attends to children 2-8 years old in the drop-in childcare.
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
- Implementation of the daily program, which will include activities that are developmentally appropriate, performed in collaboration with peers to compliment supervision of children
- Supervise and lead the activity areas
- Assist in planning and preparing the activities
- Organize and set up needed materials and supplies
- Sanitize toys and play equipment
- Maintain a safe play environment
- Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed
- Ensure the proper ratios are maintained
- Must have prior experience working with children.
- Passion for and commitment to the YMCA’s mission and vision
- Ability to build rapport with children, parents and families of diverse backgrounds.
- Commitment to, and a passion for, the YMCA of Metro Chicago’s mission
- Demonstrates evidence of YMCA team competencies in previous experience or practice
- Meet physical qualifications required as outlined in job description. The YMCA will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
YMCA Vaccine Policy
We’re committed to the health and wellness of our employees, members, program participants, and those most vulnerable. If hired by the YMCA, you will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination no later than two (2) days prior to your start date unless an exemption for a medical condition or sincerely-held religious beliefs is granted.
Child Abuse Prevention:
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required