Under the supervision of the Director of Talent Management, the Manager of Talent Acquisition is a working leader responsible for both hands-on recruitment as well as leading and coaching a Talent Acquisition team in ensuring that we identify, select, and onboard outstanding talent for the Association. This includes partnering with internal leaders, stakeholders and team members on hiring plans, sourcing strategy and execution, requisition management, talent pipeline development, campus recruitment, selection, and onboarding. It also includes monitoring key metrics to monitor progress and continuously improve service levels and managing/optimizing talent acquisition technology and tools. This role is accountable for ensuring that we have a consistently positive candidate experience, build our employer brand as an employer-of-choice and provide necessary resources and support to field leaders.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes on sourcing strategies for key talent pipelines within the Association including branding, online advertising, direct sourcing, social media, job fairs, partnerships, campus recruitment and other methods to identify outstanding talent.
- Provides hands-on recruitment and employment support in identifying, selecting and onboarding talent including developing and executing on hiring plans, requisition management, internal employee changes, sourcing, interviewing, selection and onboarding activities.
- Develops internal/external partnerships to inform and enhance execution on talent acquisition strategies and goals. Provides training, education, resources and tools to leaders and employees.
- Oversees requisition management to ensure that open, approved positions have effective hiring plans and monitors recruitment process and progress to identify areas of intervention and effectively allocate team and sourcing resources and support. Prepares reports on key recruitment metrics and progress.
- Responsible for effective onboarding of talent to support employee success, development and retention. Acts as liaison with leaders, the Training and Leadership Development, Staffing, and other teams to ensure that employees have a smooth transition and effective onboarding/development plans are in place.
- Hires, motivates, leads, and engages a talent acquisition team and actively coaches team to meet talent acquisition goals and support team and individual professional development.
- Manages vendors including advertising, staffing and recruitment firms, background check/due diligence and other services to meet Association needs at a high level of service.
- Develops job descriptions, postings, advertising, branding and other recruitment and employment communications to ensure a consistent employer brand and effectively communicate with multiple internal/external constituents and candidates.
- Partners with Human Resources team, leaders and other stakeholders to identify succession plans for critical positions within the Association and ensure that we have a pipeline of talent to meet demand.
- Works with leaders and teams and ensures adherence in our talent and employment processes to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and Association policy requirements
- Oversees the Association background check and reference check processes to mitigate risk and ensure compliance.
Child Abuse Prevention
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
Be part of our mission.
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 20 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
Minimum and Preferred Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or equivalent or equivalent experience; PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.
- 4 years or more of talent acquisition experience with proven impact in improving candidate and leader experience in meeting talent demand for both exempt and non-exempt level positions. Experience supporting sourcing strategies for a large part-time or seasonal workforce strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with ICIMS applicant tracking system is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated experience in effectively leading, motivating, training, coaching and mentoring team members.
- Strong relationship management, consulting and coaching skills with the ability to effectively partner with internal stakeholders to drive recruitment goals and outcomes.
- Knowledge and experience in developing talent pipelines and sourcing strategies including online, direct sourcing, and social media to enhance employer brand and drive sourcing of key talent, both exempt and non-exempt.
- Strong knowledge of employment law and relevant regulations including EEOC, ADA, OFCCP, and related.
- Demonstrated presentation skills along with superior written verbal and communication with the ability to adapt communication to different audiences and contexts in order to effectively communicate with internal/external constituents and candidates. Strong facilitation skills with the ability to deliver effective training and education are essential
- Strong time management, organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems (i.e. iCIMS, Ulti Pro, HRIS)
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to center locations throughout Chicagoland (city and suburbs)
- Passion for and commitment to the YMCA’s mission including youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Ability to meet physical requirements based on job description; the YMCA will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities