The Indian Boundary YMCA is a vibrant part of the Downers Grove and surrounding communities. At the heart of the YMCA lies the power to transform—both yourself and the world around you. From exceptional fitness, personal training, sports and aquatics programs, pre-school and school-age programs to our fun family and community events, the Indian Boundary YMCA offers an array of options focused on strengthening bodies, minds and communities. See more about Indian Boundary at ymcachicago.org/indianboundary.
The Executive Director has primary responsibility for overall leadership of the Indian Boundary YMCA including community engagement, executing on the strategic/operational plan, budget, and oversight of all membership center programs and services. This includes responsibility for overall center operations, fiscal management, community engagement , fundraising, strategic planning, program launches and new program development, membership and marketing, team leadership, and continuous improvement.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the Indian Boundary YMCA is a vibrant community center meeting the needs of members, partipants and families while executing on the strategic and operating plan.
- Manages the center in accordance with the policies, procedures and standards established by the Board of Managers of the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago with counsel and guidance of the Center Board of Directors, where applicable.
- Manages the total operating budget of approximately $5MM+and approximately 100+ full-time and part-time staff. Provides program and membership leadership including staff and volunteers.
- Provides leadership to program launches and new program development. Continuously updates and improves current programs such as youth and teen programs, family activities, day camp, before and after school programs (onsite/offsite), fitness and collaborative ventures with community and other partners.
- Provides leadership to the annual support campaign and fundraising, grants management and financial development.
- Collaborates with community networks to develop membership strategies and programs to address community needs and operating goals. Collaborates with community groups, partners and others in order to further the work of the YMCA.
- Participates in the membership and marketing initiatives of the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago as well as creates new and innovative approaches to attract and retain membership. Ensures continuous improvement year over year.
- Supervises the use and maintenance of the facility to ensure a bright, clean, and functional environment. Conducts facility audits including life-safety, mechanical, structural-architectural, electrical equipment, furnishings, etc.
- Administers the member continuous improvement plans. Improves on customer service metrics year over year.
- Supports the mission and vision of the YMCA as assigned
- Provides professional development and leadership to center leaders and team members to enhance staff learning, career development and operational effectiveness. Facilitates all-staff meetings and in-services.
- Identifies, manages and motivates a high-performing team that accomplishes program objectives. Hires, onboards and trains leaders and team members and provides ongoing training and development in accordance with program standards and staff development plans. Ensures staff are compliant with required trainings and certifications.
- Establishes, monitors and evaluates team goals and performance standards. Evaluates team members and provides coaching and intervention as necessary. Coaches, mentors, and develops leaders and team members to optimize performance.
- Manages time and attendance for current staff, ensuring that time is accurately recorded in the HRIS system.
- Develops a volunteer strategy in collaboration with team and recruits, trains and evaluates volunteers to meet the needs of programs.
Supports the commitment of the YMCA to child abuse prevention by:
o Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
o Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
o Report any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
o Complete all child abuse prevention training as required and ensure team is also compliant
Be part of our mission.
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 20 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years successful leadership/supervisory experience managing outstanding teams. YMCA leadership experience a plus.
- A positive history of leadership in the areas of program planning, innovation and continuous improvement. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to program launches and new program development.
- Ability to manage multiple program areas including Aquatics programs, fitness, early learning and youth development, youth sports, family activities, day camp and collaborative ventures with community partners.
- Strong collaborator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to adapt message to audience.
- Demonstrated strategic and critical thinking skills with budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, and continuous improvement outcomes.
- Familiarity with the community is preferred.