Be part of our mission.
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 23 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
The Residence Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the resident operations to include intake and evaluation of potential residents, ensure rent is paid and enforce measures if individuals become delinquent; and act as a liaison with case managers, residents and staff of the YMCA. Primary responsibility is to ensure compliance of the resident operation of the center.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Supervise Housekeeping staff – assure cleanliness of building working with both in house staff and outside cleaning service. Includes recruiting hiring and recommend terminations of employees.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Staff for room readiness and repairs. Supervise staff of 3 workers dedicated for room preparations, including painting, tiling floors & furniture replacement.
- Work with LDC to refer resident experiencing difficulties with financial, medical or mental health issues.
- Coordinate weekly extermination.
- Intake, re-certification and lease renewal of all market rate and subsidized residents. Perform background and income and landlord verifications for applicants. Report to funding agencies as required thus assuring compliance with funder’s criteria.
- Supervise Intake & Compliance Assistant and coordination assorting resident’s files are complete and accurate.
- Assist in development and administration of marketing plan to ensure occupancy rates.
- Quarterly tenant focus group meeting.
- Full understanding of Voyager, cashier duties as needed.
- Initiate all 30 day notices for behavior or room issues and follow up with legal process. Work with Attorney for court evictions for non- payment of rent issues, and behavioral issues. Assist with 5-day notices.
- Coordinate order food pantry bi-monthly.
- Report to funding agencies as required thus assuring compliance with funder’s criteria.
- Assist Executive Director with quarterly LIHIF billing for 4 facilities, and with all Low Income Housing Trust Program.
- Review leases for Executive Director signature.
- Responsible for all duties and reporting & compliance with McKinney Program (Homeless).
Must have a bachelor’s degree with 3 or more years of experience with at least 2 years supervisory experience.