The Manager of Grants writes and submits proposals, grant applications, and program reports to the Association’s corporate and foundation donors and identifies prospective corporate and foundation donors.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Write and submit proposals, grant applications, and reports to corporate and foundation donors and prospective donors, working with Center Executives and Center program staff, including Business Managers.
- Research both locally and nationally and identify corporate and foundation prospects based on the Association’s priorities and core programs by reviewing web sites, annual reports, and Form 990s; assess their giving priorities, giving histories, and relationships with the Association and its Centers; determine if they are, or continue to be, prospects for the Association and its core programs.
- Strategize best submission practices with other members of the Corporate and Foundation team to increase the chances of receiving grants; manage the grants calendar and donor records and lists for the Corporate and Foundation Relations unit.
- Review the weekly YMCA of the USA Hot Fax for grant information and periodically check the YMCA of the USA’s financial development section of its web site for grant opportunities; Compile and maintain an ongoing calendar of corporate and foundation deadlines; work with Director of Development Operations in monitoring Raiser’s Edge to confirm that pending proposals and corporate and foundation gifts have been recorded accurately.
- Serve as liaison to specific Centers and Association programs and help them with their corporate and foundation funding and reporting needs.
- Participate in all aspects of stewardship and moves management of corporate and foundation donors and prospects.
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
Commitment to Inclusion:
- Supports the YMCA’s commitment to inclusion of all members as required by Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Job responsibilities may include implementing program modifications for persons with cognitive, behavioral or physical disabilities, including but not limited to the injection of medical glucagon to members with Type 1 diabetes in emergency situations. Appropriate training and development will be provided to YMCA team members based on your role and responsibilities.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Social Science or related field with 3 or more years of experience in grant writing and/or financial development.
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-orientated environment with attention to detail.
- Must have experience with Raisers Edge.
Be Part of Our Mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 20 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.