Perform general maintenance to keep all facilities, grounds and equipment in safe working order.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Inspect and test equipment and machinery to diagnose malfunctions and detect problems
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance such as inspecting motors, belts, replacing filters, checking fluid levels and maintaining proper pool chemical levels
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them by referencing repair manuals or parts catalogs as necessary
- Keep records of work assignments
- Maintain inventory of custodial supplies
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions of chemical cleaners, equipment and other inventory
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Must have a High School Diploma plus specialized training (min 6 mos. to 2 years) and 3 mos. to 1 year maintenance experience.
- Must be able to read, understand and convey equipment operating instructions.
- Any trade knowledge.
- Ability to learn and operate CMMS application and underlying computerized components.
Be Part of Our Mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 20 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.