Promotes a positive environment for children, parents and staff.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Operate a Zamboni machine to resurface the ice rink as needed.
- Operate the edger machine to think ice as needed.
- Staff the skate counter and distribute rental skates and ice hockey equipment.
- Supervise the ice rink lobby.
- Teach ice skating skills and follow the progressive skills program.
- Maintain attendance and skill accomplishment records.
- Maintain surveillance of students and know their whereabouts at all times.
- Report accidents or injuries and complete accident reports as required.
- Attend meetings necessary to improve communications between students and staff.
- Monitor participants skate fit quality and function.
- Be available to assist fitting of equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follows all driver guidelines and standards.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Experience working with children is a plus.
Be Part of Our Mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 23 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.