Kelly Hall YMCA proudly serves the community of West Humboldt Park where today more than 1,700 program participants make the Kelly Hall YMCA their second home. Where some see obstacles, we see opportunities for our members, volunteers, program participants and staff to make a difference. Kelly Hall provides local children and families the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve, and where people of all ages, interests and abilities can build and maintain healthy lifestyle habits.
Between the after school programs which keep children and youth safely off the streets, the hot nutritious meals enjoyed by all and activities like magazine publishing that teach real life job skills, the Kelly Hall YMCA strengthens bodies, minds and communities.
The Executive Director has primary responsibility for overall leadership of the Kelly Hall YMCA including community engagement, executing on the operational plan, budget, programs and services of the center. This includes responsibility for community engagement , fundraising, strategic planning, program launches and new program development and implement. membership and marketing, team leadership, and continuous improvement.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Ensures that Kelly Hall YMCA is a vibrant community center meeting the needs of members, partipants and families while executing on Kelly Hall's strategic and operating plan.
- Manages the center in accordance with the policies, procedures and standards established by the Board of Managers of the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago with counsel and guidance of the Center Board of Directors, where applicable.
- Manages the total operating budget of approximately $400-500K
- Provides program and membership leadership including full time and part-time staff and volunteers.
- Provides leadership to program launches and new program development. Continuously updates and improves current programs such as youth and teen programs, family activities, day camp, before and after schoolm fitnees and collaborative ventures with community and other agencies and funders.
- Provides leadership to the annual support campaign and fundraising, grants management and financial development.
- Collaborates with community networks to develop and provide programs to address community needs. Collaborates with groups, foundations, agencies and others in order to further the work of the YMCA.
- Participates in the membership and marketing initiatives of the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago as well as creates new and innovative approaches to attract and retain membership. Ensures continuous improvement year over year.
- Supervises the use and maintenance of the facility to ensure a bright, clean, and functional environment. Conducts facility audits including life-safety, mechanical, structural-architectural, electrical equipment, furnishings, etc.
- Administers the customer Continuous Improvement Program. Improves customer service survey score each year.
- Supports the mission and vision of the YMCA as assigned
- Provides professional development and leadership to program leaders and team members to enhance staff learning, career development and operational effectiveness. Facilitates all-staff meetings and in-services.
- Identifies, manages and motivates a high-performing team that accomplishes program objectives. Hires, onboards and trains leaders and team members and provides ongoing training and development in accordance with program standards and staff development plans. Ensures staff are compliant with required trainings and certifications.
- Establishes, monitors and evaluates team goals and performance standards. Evaluates team members and provides coaching and intervention as necessary. Coaches, mentors, and develops leaders and team members to optimize performance.
- Manages time and attendance for current staff, ensuring that time is accurately recorded in the HRIS system.
- Develops a volunteer strategy in collaboration with team and recruits, trains and evaluates volunteers to meet the needs of programs.
Supports the commitment of the YMCA to child abuse prevention by:
o Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
o Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
o Report any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
o Complete all child abuse prevention training as required and ensure team is also compliant
Be part of our mission.
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 20 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a Masters preferred. Minimum of 5 - 7 years successful leadership/supervisory experience managing outstanding teams. YMCA leadership experience a plus.
- Leadership experience and/or familiarity with the Kelly Hall community is strongly preferred. Demonstrated expertise in fundraising, grants management and community engagement.
- A positive history of leadership in the areas of program planning and innovation,
- Strong collaborator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to adapt message to audience.
- Demonstrated strategic and critical thinking skills with budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, and continuous improvement.