Job Summary and Key Accountabilities:
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Mission Advancement, the Stewardship Manager will develop, implement and manage a comprehensive Stewardship program for the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago, which includes a variety of membership centers in the Chicagoland region. The position will advance the Y’s fundraising goals by ensuring positive, consistent and meaningful engagement which sustains mutually rewarding relationships with prospects, donors, volunteers and board members. This position requires a significant understanding of fundraising and donor relations.
The manager will be required to effectively partner with all members of the Mission Advancement team to develop appropriate stewardship strategies for a variety of donor constituent groups.
- Work closely with the Senior Vice President of Mission Advancement to create and implement a comprehensive stewardship and donor recognition program. Develop a consistent stewardship strategy for all membership centers and camps; and in partnership with the Executive Director, execute the strategy for each center.
- Create a stewardship calendar and develop meaningful content for stewardship reports and communications. Identify other communications mechanisms (i.e e-newsletters) that could advance our stewardship efforts with the Y’s community of donors.
- Serve as the Mission Advancement lead in developing a strategy for the organization’s annual report. Write and/or edit fundraising proposals, stewardship reports, letters, and/or presentations.
- As requested, organize and execute special fundraising projects/initiatives to secure support for key institutional priorities.
- Serve as an articulate spokesperson for the YMCA as appropriate for Mission Advancement activities.
Child Abuse Prevention
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent experience
- Accomplished professional with 3-5 years or more of donor relations experience.
- Passion and commitment to the YMCA’s mission of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility
- Strong knowledge of fundraising best practices and ability to monitor and adapt trends and best practices where appropriate to enhance Mission Advancement efforts. Demonstrated track record of setting and meeting/exceeding specific goals within the expected time period.
- Demonstrated capacity to build sustainable, philanthropic relationships with volunteers and with donors that directly influences higher giving over time.
- Strong consulting skills along with superior verbal, written and presentation skills and the ability to adapt communication to the appropriate audience.
- Strong writing skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to take accountability for results, take initiative, as well as be adaptable, resilient, highly organized, and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated collaboration and influencing skills with the ability to foster trust both internally and externally.
- Ability to travel locally as needed to support mission advancement activities
- Demonstrates evidence of YMCA Team Leader competencies in previous experience or practice.
- Meets any physical qualifications required as outlined in job description. The YMCA will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.