Be Part of Our Mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 23 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
Job Summary and Key Accountabilities:
The Member Services Center Agent is part of a team which provides a high level of customer service within service level agreements to YMCA members, program participants, and guests. This role provides members and prospective members with information and assistance as it relates to membership, program and other YMCA services through various channels (web, chat, email, phone, etc.) and assists with other functions to support internal membership and program operations. Current center staffed is encouraged to apply.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist members/customers in a friendly and efficient manner with a high level of customer service consistent with the Y’s core values of caring, respect, honesty, and responsibility
- Manage calls relating to membership and program sales, collections, account discrepancies, and reporting
- Assist members/customers with inquiries, problems or requests according to standard operating procedures
- Meet internal service level agreements for productivity and member services
- Support membership and program center staff
- Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed
Child Abuse Prevention
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong customer service skills is required; bilingual language skills in Spanish and English is preferred
- Previous experience in a high volume customer service role handling multiple issues.
- Experience working with CRM and transactional systems
- Proficiency with MS Office suite tools, including Excel; experience working with Google applications is preferred
- Ability to complete functions quickly but efficiently, with strong attention to detail and the appropriate sensibility for escalating issues
- Previous cash handling and inside sales experience required
Ability to meet physical requirements based on job description; The YMCA will accommodate reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.