Be a part of our mission.
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 20 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
Under the supervision of the Operations Director, the Administrative Assistant-Supply Coordinator overall job is the management of all supplies for daily programming and Special Events.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Maintain proper inventory for all Safe 'n Sound programs to include site supplies, staff uniforms, first aid, crafts, site phones, and snacks.
- Process all requests and orders in Verian Purchasing System. Work closely with Business Department for effective and accurate processing.
- On-going site visits to school sites and camps to maintain quality of supplies at sites.
- Complete monthly snack calendars for school districts and is a liaison to Snack Vendor for quality of food and logistics.
- Support Operations Director and Program Directors with preparations for all meetings, trainings and special events/activities for staff, parents, children, and guests including set up, communication and supplies.
- Work closely with Program Directors on the monthly curriculum and supplies.
- Support the planning and implementation of Non-School Day activities in working the Program Team. Work with Field Trip Vendors on planning Non School Days and coordinate bus transportation.
Prepare and distribute documents for site staff: snack calendars, newsletter, forms, and anything else relates to site management.
- Support the work of curriculum to help assist with special speakers, presentors or donations.
- Business office functions of submitting requests, and processing in Verian. Work in a timely manner and work closely with Business Office.
- Shopping orders will need to be completed if cannot order on-line.
Child Abuse Prevention:
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
Commitment to Inclusion:
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to inclusion of all members as required by Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Job responsibilities may include implementing program modifications for persons with cognitive, behavioral or physical disabilities, including but not limited to the injection of medical glucagon to members with Type 1 diabetes in emergency situations. Appropriate training and development will be provided to YMCA team members based on your role and responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED); Associates degree or higher preferred
- Passion and commitment to the YMCA’s mission and vision
- Customer service orientation, with the ability to effectively communicate on a regular basis with internal/external customers, build relationships, manage customer expectations and take responsibility for a high level of service.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to coordinate with multiple team members to accomplish program goals and activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Basic to Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), email, or related software; ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Demonstrates evidence of YMCA Team competencies in previous experience or practice
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple, competing priorities to maximize personal and team effectiveness.
- Meet physical qualifications required as outlined in job description. The YMCA will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.