Be Part of Our Mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 20 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow.
The Videographer intern will work closely with the marketing manager with shooting, creating and editing video content such as: testimonials, interviews, promotions video ads, explainer videos, digital displays, etc. The intern will showcase their strong communication skills and promote their professional development during the term. They will learn to interpret brand standards and mission in visual communication, and they will develop their professional workstyle learning to attend meetings, meet deadlines, work from concepts and creative direction and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Responsibilities may include:
• Brainstorming new ideas and content for videos, social media posts, digital displays, YouTube channels, etc.
• Collaborating with the MarComm team to support campaigns and offer solutions.
• Applying video editing and production skills that they’ve learned in their studies to actual marketing campaigns using industry software and techniques.
• Attending editorial meetings and make insightful, creative, and actionable recommendations on how to support and improve content and campaigns.
• Assisting the MarComm department in digital asset management, including organizing, categorizing and tagging the department’s digital media.
Description of a successful candidate:
• Juniors and seniors currently enrolled in a visual communication and/or marketing degree program.
• Possessing a portfolio that demonstrates a solid grasp of communicating visually, along with a resume.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Completed coursework in videography, marketing or a similar program.
• Proficiency in Adobe editing software including Premiere Pro and After Effects.
• Proficiency in office software tools including: Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Publisher and Excel.
• Experience in pre-video production including writing and reviewing scripts, conceptualizing, and planning including location scouting and shot lists.
• Experience shooting and editing video content, including lighting and audio.
• Post-production editing experience
• Available up to 20 hours per week with a flexible yet dependable schedule.
• The ability to work independently as well as in partnership with team members.
• Interest in the nonprofit sector.
A graphic design internship at the YMCA of Metro Chicago will:
• Prepare you for an in-house design position in the marketing and communications industry.
• Supplement your portfolio with real-world samples.
• A flexible work schedule.
• Allow you to be part of a non-profit organization actively making an impact to improve the health and welfare of children, families and communities around Chicago.