Be a part of our mission.
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 23 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
Under direct supervision of the Membership Experience Director, this person will be responsible for marketing our various membership plans and programs to the Pilsen community. The intern will gain experience in marketing, event planning, project management, and community relations.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist with updating and maintaining the social media presence, including scheduling Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn updates
- Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletters and eVites
- Assist with researching and placing advertising with various media outlets
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of membership plans
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Report any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required
- Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to learn and use new database systems and applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Organized and posses the ability to multi-task in a face paced environment
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
*This is an unpaid internship position.