Under the direct supervision of the camp food service manager or cook, assure that the kitchen department has clean & sanitized dishware, utensils and cookware. Dishwashers set and clear tables as assigned. Assist food service manager in cleaning kitchen equipment and keeping food storage areas organized with rotated stock.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Wash and sanitize dishes, utensils and cookware
- Set tables or buffet stations with dishes cups, utensils etc.
- Put customer needs first
- Manage use of dishwasher
- Clean kitchen areas as assigned
- Assist cooks in serving food to the customers as needed
- mop floor as assigned
- Stock and rotate inventory
- Wash kitchen laundry (aprons, table clothes etc.)
- Follow and maintain health department standards for foodservice
- Maintain temperature logs on all refrigerators/freezers
- Other duties as assigned
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children.
- Report any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.
- Supports the commitment of the YMCA to child abuse prevention by:
- Must be 16 years or older
- Must have ability to follow oral & written instructions
- Willingness to be trained in operating kitchen equipment
- Be able to have and maintain positive relationships with all customers from point of contact
- Must be able to stand on feet for extended period of time; walk stairs; lift up to 50lbs
Be Part of Our Mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 20 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.