Operates camp store for camper and staff purchases; cashiers; maintains and orders inventory; cleans and organizes facilities.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Provide polite, responsible and personable customer service.
- Must be honest, respectful, and courteous to all customers.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the store, welcome center, and outdoor deck areas.
- Accurately record inventory and sales using the Retail ICE system.
- accurately enter charges to the correct campers account.
- accurately process payments and make change.
- Must be knowledgeable about camp policies and procedures and other general camp information.
- Responsible for cleaning the store restroom daily. Includes sweeping, mopping, cleaning toilet, mirrors and sink.
- Be aware of Camps’s emergency procedures and be prepared to address emergencies at camp.
- Must be knowledgeable about the surrounding communities and answer questions regarding the local communities.
- Be responsible for keeping track of store inventory, stocking inventory and purchasing inventory as needed. Ability to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 25 pounds up stairs is required.
- May be required to pick up supplies at local businesses as needed.
- Assisting office manager with special projects
- General office work to include alphabetizing, creating registration packets.
- Other duties as assigned
- Supports the commitment of the YMCA to child abuse prevention by:
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children.
- Report any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as requried.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Previous office or retail experience preferred
- Must have strong organization and customers services skills