Get your career off the ground at Safe ‘n Sound!
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of youth and families in your community. Discover more than a job—enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Expertise, Passion, Commitment, Energy
This is what allows us to achieve our mission one child, one family, one school and one team member at a time. Our before- and after-school programs, based in Naperville and Aurora, are guided daily by the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility to create a child-centered environment that promotes learning, character development, healthy living and positive, nurturing relationships.
Whether you are pursuing a career in elementary or early-childhood education, child development, physical education or recreation, you’ll have hands-on experiences with one of the most respected programs in the western suburbs providing school-aged child care, day camp and academic enrichment.
Site Coordinators are committed individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of children and their families, while effectively and efficiently running the overall operation of the program site. They ensure the implementation of Positive Youth Development practices with all daily activities and interactions with children.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Review and implement program curriculum, events and activities while ensuring program follows DCFS and YMCA standards.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff while on-site.
- Work with the Program Director related to management of supplies and program enrollment to ensure all budget goals are met and/or exceeded.
- Work with teachers, principals and other staff at the school to ensure programs success.
- Maintain all program files according to DCFS and YMCA Standards.
- Manage all emergency situations and student behavior situations.
- Participate in marketing and retention activities.
- Assist with the on-board of new employees.
- Support the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor.
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children.
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required.
- Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.
- Must be at 21 years of age or older.
- Must have capacity to make decisions and communicate effectively with patents and children.
- Must have proven experience working with school age children in a diverse setting.
- Must have a high school diploma and one of the following:
- 30 semester hours from an accredited college or university with 12 hours related to school age child care, child development, elementary education, physical education, recreation, camping or other related fields. In addition, 750 hours of professional experience in recreational program or licensed day care center serving school age children (K-5th) or a license exempt school age childcare program operated by a private or public school.
- 6 semester hours of credit from an accredited college or university related to school age child care, child development, elementary education, physical education, recreation, camping or other related fields. In addition, 1560 hours of professional experience in recreational program or a licensed day care center serving school-age children or a license exempt school-age child care (K-5th) program operated by a private or public school.
Believing that people deserve the best, YMCAs offer competitive wage and benefits, including:
- Free YMCA Membership! Accepted at 20 sites across Chicago-land.
- Opportunity to work for a leading organization in Youth Development nationally and internationally.
- Professional development opportunities, including on the job training and on-line/classroom blended trainings.
- Engagement in curriculum development to include the areas of Science, Reading, and Health and Wellness.
- A place where you belong and are part of a team who thrive in a values based environment of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Child Care Discount may apply!