Be a part of our mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. We rely on the expertise, passion, commitment and energy of our teachers and team members to help us achieve our mission one child, one family, and one team member at a time.
Provides overall coordination of a Family Prime Time program. Supervises staff and organizes fun, safe and quality activity classes for children and their families.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Recruit children for child development programs, determine eligibility, and enroll eligible children; maintain up to date waiting list and prepare all related tracking instruments and reports, as required.
- Provide assessment of family needs, develop resources, and provide referrals and supportive services to assist families in meeting identified needs; document and report on all social service activity as required.
- Encourage and support parent development through volunteer opportunities, parent training opportunities, home visits, and through developing and participating in parent development activities and meetings.
- Provide leadership to the child health, mental health, and disabilities functional areas and to the Family and Community Partnership Content Area, ensuring the provision of appropriate and required services including screening, assessment, testing, treatment, follow up, and transition services to all identified children and/or parents; develop effective working relationships with related and relevant resources.
- Responsible for the identification and development of resources to meet identified health, social service, mental health, and disabilities service needs. Maintain professionalism in attire and demeanor; observe and respect issues of confidentiality, ethics, best practices of the Early Childhood and Social Work Professions, as well as mandatory reporting guidelines of the Abuse and Neglect Child Reporting Act.
- Maintain required program records in conformance with YMCA procedures, funding source and program performance standards, and applicable licensing and accreditation standards.
Must have a Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences or related field. BSW preferred. Must have some prior experience working with children. Working knowledge of child development/client development preferred