Be Part of Our Mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 20 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
The Talent Acquisition team plays a critical role in supporting the sourcing, identification, selection and onboarding of outstanding talent for the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for partnering with internal hiring managers in performing full-life cycle talent acquisition activities. This includes developing and implementing effective sourcing strategies, building candidate relationships and talent pipelines, enhancing selection and driving a positive candidate, employee and internal client experience
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with internal clients to prioritize hiring needs, including collaborating on sourcing and selection strategy, executing on hiring plans, and gathering feedback to calibrate and refine efforts.
- Develop proactive candidate relationships and network with future candidates through social media, job fair participation and other methods and events. Create an impactful sourcing and posting/advertising strategy for each requisition.
- Execute strategies for intentional talent pipelines including identifying passive candidates
- Foster collaborative internal client relationships with hiring managers and educate client partners on effective hiring, interviewing and selection techniques.
- Conduct requisition management by tracking and reporting on assigned requisitions through the HRIS/ applicant tracking system.
- Pre-screen and interview candidates.
- Triage internal client issues and coordinate services with client and internal team
- Coordinate on boarding process with internal team including New Hire Orientation and support.
- Deliver New Hire Orientation and related training at various locations periodically as needed.
- Coordinate the YMCA’s background check processes to meet program and job-specific requirements.
- Represent the YMCA of Metro Chicago at job fairs, community, organization and campus events.
- Under the direction of the Director and Manager, assist with talent projects
- Maintain relationships with vendors and partners (i.e. colleges/universities, employment sites, staffing firms, etc.) to meet hiring needs.
- Supports the mission and vision of the YMCA as assigned.
- Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor or the person responsible for those items at your site.
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent education or experience.
- 3+ years of Talent Acquisition experience in a high-volume environment. Experience in recruitment of education or youth development-related roles (ie. teachers, youth instructors) is preferred.
- Passion and commitment for the YMCA’s mission and values
- Strong customer and candidate focus with the ability to quickly develop effective relationships
- Demonstrated communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to adapt communication to audience
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills including time management and ability to multi-task
- Intermediate to Advanced PC proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and HRIS/Applicant Tracking systems (e.g. UltiPro, iCIMS, Taleo).
- Must have the ability to travel locally as needed to locations throughout the Chicagoland area (city and suburbs)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends for talent acquisition and training events.