To provide financial and accounting support within a specified multi-location Region in order to effectively and efficiently conduct the business of the YMCA. Works collaboratively with Metro Finance in carrying out the day to day financial activities and in developing policies, procedures and implementing best practices. Interacts on a regular basis with Regional employees. Also responsible for communicating with customer service desk staff, changes in procedures as related to membership and program operations.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Print and prepare financial accounting and budget reports for the Executive Director and all Program Directors and Building Engineer
- Interpret and prepare variance reports monthly for the Executive Director and Regional Business Manager
- Manage all Voyager files and necessary functions including annual and capital funds
- Prepare and assist with Voyager reports and trainings for all departments
- Run Voyager reports daily, weekly and monthly (for example operating statement by branch, operating statement by department, discount report)
- Ensure that systems and procedures are adhered to and Region is in compliance with all internal controls and procedures.
- Reconcile petty cash monthly
- Insure all batches are closed with no shortage, overages
- Review daily deposits and reports to Accounting
- Develop monthly estimates/forecasts for the Executive Director/ Program Staff and Regional Business Manager
- Review purchase requisitions for budget availability and proper approvals prior to procurement of products or services.
- Submit and document invoices for payment prior to the end of the month, prior to the month closing
- Submit and document all receivables that are current and or past due indicating follow up actions to be taken on past due items (Aging report)
- Reconcile monthly financial statements
- Manage all clearing or custodial accounts
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare payroll and adhere to the Association’s policies and procedures; submit accurate payroll on time
- Monitor payroll budget
- Process expense reimbursement reports ensuring that supporting documentation is attached, appropriate signatures are obtained and expenditures are in compliance with Association policies and procedures.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required. May include travel to Metro office or other branch locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field with 3-5 years accounting experience and some supervisory experience. Strong focus on policies, procedures and internal controls. Detail oriented individual that is also able to step back and see the bigger picture. Computer savvy: skilled and comfortable with query and reporting tools including advanced skills with Microsoft Excel.
Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups, maintain confidentiality and think strategically. Ability to travel within the applicable region on a frequent basis and within the broader YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago geographic region on an occasional basis. Certified Public Accountant preferred. Grant/Contract Accounting experience a plus.