Be a part of our mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 20 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
Assists the HR Department with general administrative duties.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Research basic information from employment records for basic maintenance
- Copy records from employees' personnel files as needed
- Assists the receptionist for maximum coverage of the Corporate front desk area
- Open and distribute mail for the HR Department
- Files all necessary information in personnel files
- Assists HR team with various administrative tasks
Child Abuse Prevention
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED); Associates Degree or higher preferred
- One or more years of office administrative experience. Previous HR experience is a plus.
- Proficient in all standard business software
- Knowledgeable about office processes and procedures
- Ability to work with integrity, discretion and professional approach
- Ability to meet physical requirements based on job description; The YMCA will accommodate reasonable accommodations for persons with disability.