Be part of our mission.
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 23 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
The Operations Manager, SRO Housing is accountable for leading a team in overseeing the quality and effectiveness of the YMCA’s residential operations in order to provide a high-level of service to building residents. This includes direct accountability for meeting/exceeding occupancy targets, executing on marketing and building management plans, meeting revenue/expense targets, and consistently adhering to safety and compliance standards and policies in conjunction with internal/external stakeholders, vendors and others. This role is a key leader responsible for motivating, developing and managing team performance while driving a culture of continuous improvement in residence operations.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Manages housing-related contracts including vendor management where applicable, and adherence to all contract terms, conditions and record-keeping requirements. (Ensures compliance with all city funded contracts)
- Responsible for creation and management of annual budget
- Effectively coordinates all housing operations to create an environment conducive to resident attraction, satisfaction and retention
- Ensures effective resource utilization and coverage for housekeeping, front desk, maintenance and related operational areas to meet service guidelines.
- Develops and executes on marketing plans and develops appropriate networks/contacts to ensure that housing operations are visible in the community and meeting/exceeding occupancy and revenue goals.
- Working with Facilities, oversees building improvements and unit maintenance/upgrades in order to maximize investment, reduce vacancies and decrease unit turnaround time.
- Oversees rental operations including resident marketing, selection, background screening, billing, collections and resident transitions/evictions, where applicable, within legal and YMCA standards, policies and guidelines.
- Ensures that all units and common areas meet cost-effective standards for cleanliness, safety, maintenance and quality including regulatory/inspection requirements.
- Develops and recommend building security plans and protocols to ensure the safety of residents and staff.
- Proactively interfaces with case management staff in order to promote resident welfare.
- Monitors inventory of supplies and equipment and ensures purchases are within budget, procurement and vendor guidelines.
- Hires, trains, motivates, and develops a high-performing team according to YMCA policies and guidelines.
- A./B.S. degree in Hospitality Management, Business, or related field and/or equivalent experience
- 3-4 years of hospitality or property management experience with at least 2 years supervisory/team leadership experience.
- Passion and commitment to the YMCA’s mission and vision
- Demonstrated experience in creating and executing on effective marketing plans to maximizeoccupancy and revenue.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage unit inventory, maintenance and upgrades to maximize investment and reduce vacancy rates.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders
- Demonstrated project management, organizational and operational management skills with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and/or Google applications with the ability to learn and adapt to new technology and applications