Be Part of Our Mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 23 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
General maintenance at YMCA Facility
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Follow all guidelines as presented by the Director of Buildings and Properties or Assistant Director of Buildings and Properties.
- Assist Director of Buildings and Properties or Assistant Director of Buildings and Properties in maintaining all facilities, grounds and equipment to be safe for campers and staff.
- Maintain inventory of custodial supplies at all times.
- Keep inventory stored safely at all times.
- Learn CMMS Application for use as Maintenance Assistant.
- Regularly survey the physical facility (inside and outside), looking for items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members, residents or guests, and remove the hazard or report it to your supervisor.
- Ensure that access to secure areas is limited to authorized personnel. Secure unsecured areas and immediately report non-functional items, such as broken locks and security equipment to your supervisor.
- Report any suspicious behavior and violations of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.
- Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.
- Must have a High School Diploma plus specialized training (min 6 mos. to 2 years) and 3 mos. to 1 year maintenance experience.
- Must be able to read, understand and convey equipment operating instructions.
- Any trade knowledge.
- Ability to learn and operate CMMS application and underlying computerized components.