Be Part of Our Mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 23 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
Provides day-to-day direction and supervision of assigned program areas.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the operation of assigned program areas.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of facilities and equipment.
- Develops promotional materials and distributes program information.
- Maintains YMCA standards and ensures compliance with requirements. Ensures accidents and incidents are reported.
- Develops special events and activities.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor or the person responsible for those items at your site.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to managing visitors and guests at our facilities.
- Report any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.
- Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent with prior experience working with youth. Associates Degree preferred.