Be a part of our mission.
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. We rely on the expertise, passion, commitment and energy of our instructors and other team members to help us achieve our mission one child, one family, and one team member at a time.
Our before and after-school programs create a child-centered environment that promotes learning, character development, healthy living and positive, nurturing relationships. With a commitment to meeting accreditation standards and extensive training and development in research-based practices, you’ll also learn and grow and positively impact our children, families and communities.
Under the direct supervision of the Youth Enrichment Instructor, the Youth Enrichment Aide is responsible for participating in activities for school-aged children that foster overall character building in an before/after school program setting.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Participate in a variety of activities for school-aged children.
- Follow program schedule including snack time, homework time, cleanup, and other times set for activities.
- Assist in maintaining high standard of health and safety keeping the health and welfare of all children in mind at all times.
- Participate and assist in the pool program (if any), schools out and holiday break programs.
- Support the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor.
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children.
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required.
- Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent work/education experience.
- 1 year teaching experience in a classroom setting under qualified supervision
- Must have 12 hours in Child Development, Recreation, Physical Education or a related filed.
- Must demonstrate basic reading, writing, and communication skills at a level consistent with entry into college.