Be a part of our mission.
The YMCA achieves its mission one person at a time. The greatest source of energy for the YMCA is our staff. Our staff contribute to the advancement of the YMCA's vision by meeting the needs of the people in our communities. Guided daily by the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility, our staff create an environment where everyone aspires to be their best.
Where can you find meaningful work that offers rich rewards? Where can you, simultaneously, build a better future for yourself and for kids, families and your community? Where can you work with people who thrive in a values-based environment of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility?
All of this can be found at a YMCA. YMCAs get the job done through staff members who are carefully selected for their interests, skills and enthusiasm. With over 150 years of experience, YMCAs know that the mission is achieved one person at a time-carried out in the hearts and hands of each caring and competent staff member
The Manager On Duty is responsible for total building safety, security and supervision in the absence of supervisory staff in order to ensure a positive member and program participant experience. Enforces all member, program and residence policies and makes periodic checks of all areas of the building, including all housing floors. Handles all emergencies.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Handles all potential building and program concerns.
- Manages all group rentals, including checking in the groups, looking in on them during rental times and ensuring they depart on time.
- Ensures communication across shifts and with manager by filling out Manager On Duty reports at end of each shift.
- Liaison to staff and members.
- Enforces closing times for building and locks up program area after closing.
- Attends required staff training and staff meetings.
- Ensures a secure and safe environment and responds to emergencies and/or accidents.
- Supports the membership and program staff to address any member or program participant question or concern as needed.
- Makes sure all members/staff are out of building at proper times.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to the maintenance staff.
- Greet all guests as they enter the facility and adhere to sign-in/out, guest, visitor, monitoring youth in the facility and other relevant policies and procedures. Report any suspicious behavior and violations of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.
Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.
- Must have a High School Diploma with 3 months to 1 year of prior experience.
- One 1 year or more of supervision experience required.
- Must be a problem solver and demonstrate a proven track record of complaint resolution.
- Must demonstrate a dedication to meeting the expectations of members, program participants and their guests.
- Must work evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to work a 4 hour shift between the hours of 8 am - 8 pm Monday - Friday and 10 am - 4 pm on Saturday and Sundays.