Be part of our mission.
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 23 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
The Youth and Family Team Lead provides day-to-day direction and supervision of assigned program areas which may include youth programs, family programs, teen programs, sports, fitness, recreation, and/or others.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the operation of assigned program areas. Evaluates programs.
- Assists in training staff and volunteers.
- Assists in scheduling staff to ensure coverage of all activities.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of facilities and equipment.
- Develops promotional materials and distributes program information.
- Maintains YMCA standards and ensures compliance with requirements. Ensures accidents and incidents are reported.
- Develops special events and activities.
- Assists with developing and managing the budgets related to the program areas
Child Abuse Prevention:
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree in related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in early education preferred or equivalent with prior experience working with youth