You are the “Y”.
We're more than a gym—we are a community committed to strengthening bodies, minds and neighborhoods. The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through fitness and healthy living, academic readiness, character development, and violence prevention. Our network of 23 membership centers across the city and suburbs, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow.
Leverage your passion for fitness to be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live.
Sells personal training packages to Y members and provides personal training consultations to individual members and small groups.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Sells personal training packages to Y members
- Designs and implements safe, effective and enjoyable fitness programs that will meet the unique needs and wants of each member.
- Plans and instructs individuals, small groups or classes with a personalized approach following YMCA standards and guidelines.
- Contacts members on a regular basis to follow-up on progression of their fitness program.
- Keeps accurate records of members’ progress.
- Discusses and promotes all YMCA programs. Motivates members to commit to long term participation.
- Ensures safe and effective workouts. Responds to, and reports, accidents, incidents, and equipment problems.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required. Maintains current certifications.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor or the person responsible for those items at your site.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to managing visitors and guests at our facilities.
- Report any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.
- Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Nationally recognized Personal training certifications (such as NASM, ACSM, ACE, or AFAA) are highly recommended.
- YMCA Principles of Health and Fitness and Strength Training certification must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 15 hours a week, including nights and weekends.