Be Part of Our Mission
We are one of the largest and long established experts in child care nationally, with focus on the development of the whole child. For over 25 years the Y's Safe 'n Sound Program has been conveniently located in over 20 elementary schools within School Districts 203, Indian Prairie District 204 and West Aurora District 129. As a leader in youth development, the YMCA is dedicated to providing affordable, high-quality childcare and enrichment programs to the communities we serve.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, the Site Director is responsible for the program execution and operations for our YMCA Before and After-school programs at a Safe 'n Sound School Site. The Site Director will be responsible for implementing programs and supporting partnerships through Safe 'n Sound to include school staff and principal. The Site Director will implement curriculum, provide leadership to site staff, parent communication, ensures the safety and well-being of each child and overall operation of the program site.
The incumbent is responsible for the overall administration of developmentally appropriate school age programs including compliance with all applicable licensing and funding regulations, and contributes and adheres to the development of Safe ‘n Sound goals.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Review and implement program curriculum while ensuring program follows DCFS and YMCA standards.
- Provide leadership, supervision and mentor all staff while onsite
- Ensure all ratios and safety practices are implemented at all time while in operation
- Ensure environment is welcoming
- In case of the absence of the Program Staff, Site Director will provide direct leadership.
- Coordinate and implement program events and activities which align with the goals of the program.
- Ensure quality implementation of Curriculum maintaining the fidelity of the content
- Work with the Program Director related to management of supplies and program enrollment to ensure all budget goals are met and/or exceeded.
- Work with teachers, principals and other staff at the school to ensure programs success.
- Maintain all program files according to DCFS and YMCA Standards.
- Ensure the implementation of Positive Youth Development practices with all daily activities and interactions with children
- Manage all emergency situations and student behavior situations
- Participates in marketing and retention activities.
- Participate as an ambassador of the Y and promoting the program at school open houses and events
- Assist with the on-board of new employees as a training site
- Actively participate in YPQA process engaging in the evaluation and implementation process for your site
- Be a lead staff member for School Out Camp programs including the planning and implementation of activities
- Support Youth Enrcihment Instructors in lesson planning and ensuring appropriate supplies
- Provide leadership and support the implementation of successful Summer Day Camp Programs.
- Maintain continual communication with Program Director
Child Abuse Prevention:
Supports the commitment of the YMCA to child abuse prevention by:
Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
Report any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
Complete all child abuse prevention training as required
- Must be at least 21 years or age and/or 5 years older than the oldest child that participates in the program.
- Must have a high school diploma with a minimum of 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours from an accredited college or university with 18 semester hours or 27 quarter hours related to school age care, elementary education, child development or related field.
- Must have a minimum of 1560 hours of child care experience serving school age children.
- Experience required in the operation of a School Age Child Care Program
- Must have strong experience and passion for working with school age children and develop and implement a variety of social-educational programs and activities.
- Outstanding professional judgment, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals through others, whether direct reports or through influence