Be Part of Our Mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 23 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow.
Under direct supervision of the Sports Manager, the sports program intern will support on-going projects of the Rauner Family YMCA Sports department related to curriculum development, training with staff, and outcome assessment and development of programs as related to participant feedback on programs changed after trainings.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Support planning and kick-off of an initiative to introduce association curriculums to staff and members.
- Serve as a liaison for members and director regarding changes and participant feedback of programs and staff.
- Support collection of data on instructor evaluations, program outcome assessments, and quality of program curriculum.
- Research and analyze a variety of issues regarding sports program quality and department operational effectiveness.
Child Abuse Prevention
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
- Current student pursuing an Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to learn and use new database systems and applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Organized and posses the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
*This is an unpaid internship position.